Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Sakroots

by Meredith

I did it - last weekend I bought a new fall handbag.  I fell in love with the new Sakroots line.  This off shoot of The Sak focuses on helping the environment.  Sakroots supports The Nature Conservancy's Plant a Billion Trees campaign with raises funds to restore and plant one billion tress by 2015 on 2.5 millions acres of Brazil's Atlantic Forest, one of the greatest repositories of biodiversity on Earth.

The designs were beautiful and so unique.  I wanted all of them.  Looking at the concept of Sakroots more, I found that the designs were created by chosen artists that are also environmentally conscious and share the same world philosophy of the company.  The prints are meant to be laid back, cheerful and fun.

The designer of my bag is Joshua Davis of New York.  The flower power print represents hope, love and peace.  Thank you Joshua for your amazing creativity.



No comments:

Post a Comment