Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Bristol Palin and Levi Johnston: Is All Publicity Good Publicity?

I love celebrity gossip, but I'm tired of wannabe celebrities, such as Bristol Palin and Levi Johnston, being stupid and getting press for it. There should have been no shock or awe yesterday when Bristol Palin and Levi Johnston broke up (again). The only surprise was that their reunion lasted as long as it did! There are many reasons why I knew this relationship wouldn't last and there would be no happy ending for this pair. However, I don't think it was suppose to work, I think it was just another attempt to gain fame. I think everything has been for an attempt at fame.

First, the last thing you want to hear is that your fiance knocked up another woman, even if you had been on a "break." The National Enquirer printed the rumor that Levi impregnated his ex girlfriend (Bristol's old BFF,) but the girl in question denied the rumors. Palin is now saying that Levi himself told her on July 14th (the same day they went public with their second engagement) that he may have gotten another girl pregnant. Yuck.
Second, it's hard to believe that Sarah Palin would ever support this marriage because of all the things Levi said and did after the couple broke up the first time.

Third, Bristol said tearfully that Levi is "just obsessed with the limelight and I got played." I can't believe she didn't figure this out before. I guess she didn't pick that up, after the Playgirl spread, the Pistachio nut ads and the hanging out with Kathy Griffin... need I say more?

Fourth, Levi has always mocked the Palin family and still continues to do so. Bristol told People, "The final straw was him flying to Hollywood for what he told me was to see some hunting show, but come to find out it was that music video mocking my family."

Lastly, the two had reportedly tried to sell a reality show about their relationship. One wonders if they just got back together to sell their stories and photos to tabloids and maybe get a reality TV series out of the deal. Was it all just an act to drum up interest and drama?

I don't mean to be a Debby Downer, but would you get married if you were in this relationship, even with a kid involved? Hell no!

I believe somewhat that bad publicity is still publicity, but I don't believe that you can build a fame career on always being stupid. I'm sure someday (or at least I hope) they will finally fall off the radar just like all the other no-name, wannabe celebrities. Hey, remember: Paris Hilton, Jamie Lynn Spears, Carrot Top, Jack Osbourne, Tara Reid or Kevin Federline? Barely.

What do you think? Was their reunion for real or just for fame and fortune?

No comments:

Post a Comment