Monday, August 27, 2012

MOH Toast

by Meredith

This weekend I'm the Maid of Honor in my best friend Sarah's wedding.  I'm so honored and happy to be part of her big day.  I've been feeling quite prepared with all of the duties, until I realized I had to write a toast to read at the reception.

I'm not really afraid to speak in front of people.  I've spent a lot of my life on a stage: piano recitals, dance recitals, band concerts and speaking at my high school graduation to name some.  However, this seems different.  It's not about me.  It's about them.  Plus, it needs to relate to the crowd, be meaningful, maybe a little funny and be short.  It seems like a really tough puzzle. 

A lot of websites offer great tips and I've watched a number of YouTube video examples.  However, I don't want to copy exactly what someone else did.  So, I've resorted to creating a draft and adding to it over the past couple of weeks.

For those of you who have created toasts or stood up at someone's wedding, what are your suggestions?  Any are appreciated.

1 comment:

  1. I may be bias, but the end result was the BEST Maid of Honor speech. Ever.

    No seriously. Ever!

    ReplyDelete