Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Antique Photos

by Meredith

We went to Storm Lake, Iowa this past weekend to celebrate my Grandma's 90th birthday with her family. One of my gifts to her was a photo board made up of many family photos from her past.  When I started, I asked Gram if she had any old pictures tucked away and she dug up a box from the basement filled to the brim with old family snapshots.  One problem - many didn't have names on them!  Her and I did the best we could despite my lack of knowledge and her aging memory, but in the end I think it turned out pretty well.  My challenge to you now is if you're interested in this same thing, ask your elders ahead of time to go through their old pictures and write down names and relationships statuses!  The earlier you do this the better.


No comments:

Post a Comment