Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Gasthof zur Gemutlichkeit & Fasching

by Meredith

I'm gearing up for my 26th birthday next month and have been trying to think of something fun to do.  I decided this year I would embrace my German heritage and go to my new favorite bar, Gasthof zur Gemutlichkeit (aka Gasthofs) especially after learning that the Friday after my birthday they are celebrating the German holiday Fasching, a German Mardi Gras style celebration.  Apparently back in the day women could not join in for fun at the pubs and one day just decided to dress up as men and join in.  This holiday has become known as Fasching.  I haven't decided if I'll participate in the costume contest.

3 comments:

  1. Wollen Sie Piratenkostüm kaufen? Suchen Sie nicht weiter, kaufen Piratenkostüm online bei karneval-fasching-kostuem-kostueme.
    de und bekommen es zu Ihrer Haustür geliefert.
    Fasching Kostüme

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wollen Sie Piratenkostüm kaufen? Suchen Sie nicht weiter, kaufen Piratenkostüm online bei
    karneval-fasching-kostuem-kostueme.de und bekommen es zu Ihrer Haustür geliefert.
    faschings
    Fasching Kostüme

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm enjoying imagining a German fasnachts kostüme,fasching karneval,verkleidung,kostüm shop,karneval shop.
    kostüme
    fasching karneval

    ReplyDelete