Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Macy

by Meredith

I just realized that I have never talked about my Macy through this blog, even though I tell about her in my 'About Me' section. Macy is my Red Ear Slider turtle.  The first time we met each other is a pretty great story.  We discovered one another in New York City Chinatown the Saturday after Thanksgiving.  My family vacationed there to see the sights, and of course watch the famous Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade, which Macy is actually named after.  She was so tiny - only about an inch in diameter and beautiful.  I realized at once we belonged together so I bought her and brought her back to Minnesota with me.  (This was before all of the liquid airplane restrictions.)  She's a tough one - to get back to Minnesota she traveled by subway, taxi and airplane.  This November she will be seven.  I can hardly believe it.

No comments:

Post a Comment